About Fiona Campbell
Your HR / FM consultant.
I’m Fiona Campbell. HR-FM is me. This means that when you work with HR-FM, its me you’re getting one on one, dedicated support from. My career has seen me spend 17 years working in HR and 10 years working in Facilities Management, most recently for multi-national organisation, ConocoPhillips and Aberdeen Asset Management. There’s not an HR or FM issue I haven’t come across and found a solution for. I’m passionate about providing a service for businesses where they can have a dedicated person on hand to call on who is an expert in the field, trustworthy and reliable, and who fits in seamlessly as part of your team. I have an MSc in HR from Aberdeen University, am a member of the Chartered Institute of Personal Development (CIPD) and also hold Certified status from the British Institute of Facilities Management (BIFM). I look forward to working with you.
AUGUST 2016 – APRIL 2018 ABERDEEN STANDARD INVESTMENT – FACILITY MANAGER
Main responsibilities / accountabilities of the position being as follows:
Development of a FM Strategy that aligns with the Company’s short / long term goals.
Management of all Facilities Services including Catering, Cleaning, Security, Waste Management, Maintenance, Reception, Office Moves etc.
Leadership of a team of 12 facilities individuals.
Budgetary accountability for both OPEX / CAPEX budgets.
Preparation of all cost management reports on monthly basis.
Compliance in regards building regulations, legislation, HSE & statutory compliance.
Management of all facilities related projects, including building upgrades, refurbishments & office re-fits.
Contract management of all facilities suppliers.
Management of the Company’s business continuity plans.
Development and management of all service level agreements, KPI’s, processes & procedures.
Ensure effective communication to company on all facilities related matters.
Provision of an effective out of hours/emergency call out rota.
Facilitate the annual FM Survey to all employees within the company.
AUGUST 2015 – JULY 2016 – MUNROS TRAVEL – HR MANAGER
Operating as part of the Senior Leadership Team this role was ultimately accountable for leading, developing & implementation of a re-structure of the Company to better align with market pressures. Key accountability included; employee consultation, development of selection criteria, facilitation of selection meetings, set up employee forums, prepare redundancy letters/calculations and follow up on any appeals.
MAY 1998 – MAY 2015 – CONOCOPHILLIPS (FACILITIES LEADER & HR BUSINESS PARTNER)
From 2006 I held the position of Facilities Leader but previous to that I held the position HR Business Partner.
As the Facilities Leader I was accountable for the following:
- Upstream real estate building portfolio (4 buildings/150,000 sq ft) including the management of 5 year plan for investment, upgrades & refurbishment.
- Budget accountability of £11m with £5m additional project budget per annum.
- Contract manager of all FM Services including; catering, cleaning, security, travel, transport, maintenance, reprographics, mail & fitness.
- Leader to a team of 52 facilities individuals., with 5 direct reports.
- Development of all facilities strategies & plans to align with company’s short/long term goals.
- Leadership of all FM Projects including upgrade to roof, gym installation, office refurbishments, collaboration centre etc.
- Safety audits, property HSE obligations, compliance & legislation requirements.
- Development of all SLA’s, KPI’s, processes & procedures.
- Participate in emergency on-call rota for Company.
- Liase with Management Team on all relevant facilities issues, attend & present on regular basis at management team meetings, town halls etc.
- Maintain & manage business continuity plans, test on regular basis.
- Lead any review work i.e. new office location, car park deck, building extension, environmental efficiencies etc.
- Drive continuous improvements on service delivery.
As HR Business Partner I was responsible for the following:
- Development & implementation of HR strategy to include for workforce planning, people management, learning & development, recruitment & selection.
- Drafting & implementing HR policy & procedures including a relocation policy, absence management, expatriation & compensation & benefits.
- Delivering HR functional excellence & best practice within client groups which often included visits offshore or to other international locations.
- Provide support & guidance to managers on HR issues including recruitment, redundancy, discipline, grievance, performance management, employment law etc.
- Champion the talent management process within business unit/ work with emerging leaders.
- TUPE of c60 employees.
- Actively participate in emergency response rota/incidents/training.
- Project manage some specific projects i.e. Inductions, Graduate Recruitment, Performance Management.
- 1996 – 1998 – HR Advisor with Baker Oil Tools
- 1995 – 1996 – HR Advisor with Amerada Hess
- 1994 – 1995 – Various HR Contract Positions
- 1991 – 1994 – HR Advisor with Farstad Shipping
- 1987 – 1991 – Assistant Manager with Moat House Hotel
- 2017 – Chartered Member of British Institute of Facilities Management
- 1997 – 1998 – MSc In Human Resources from Aberdeen University
- 1992 1995 – Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD)
- 1991 – 1992 – Certificate in Personnel Practice (CPP)
- 1985 – 1987 – Diploma in Hotel & Institutional Management
- 1980 – 1985 – Ellon Academy
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Highly developed verbal and written skills.
- Supervisory, budget and contract management skills.
- Excellent and external networks.
- Experienced mentor, coach and manager.
- Well developed IT skills.
- Good understanding of corporate complexities.
- Will always lead by example.
- Chartered Member of CIPD
- Certified member of BIFM
- SHL Occupational Testing
- Hay Job Evaluation
- HR Emergency Response Training including Relative Response